Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pathetic Squirrel Killers At The Grand Canyon

Most people go to national parks like the Grand Canyon to appreciate the majestic scenery and the wildlife that these beautiful places offer. For two cowardly, pathetic men, allegedly from France, the canyon was apparently the perfect place to act out their sadistic impulses on a helpless squirrel.

In a video that went viral on YouTube a few days ago, the two men are near the rim of the Grand Canyon dressed, for some reason in only hats and underwear. While one of the men appears to film, the other first places bits of bread on the ground to lure a squirrel to the canyon's edge. When the squirrel approaches the rim, the man puts on a shoe, then walks up to the squirrel and calmly kicks it, sending it flying over the edge of the cliff. With an average canyon depth of around a mile, there is little chance that the tiny creature could have survived the fall unless it was lucky enough to land on an outcropping close to the top.

The person who posted the video has reportedly stated that he does not know the two men but that he thinks they were French, and that he did not know what was going to happen. Nevertheless, he did not report the incident to park authorities, and he was more than happy to post the video, complete with backing music. Honestly, I have doubts that the men really were French, or that they were really unknown to the videographer.

I have decided not to show the video on this blog, or even include stills from it. These two pathetic cowards have no doubt been enjoying the publicity as the images have spread throughout the internet. I will show a photo of a rock squirrel, the species that was probably the victim. Rock squirrels are common along the south rim of the Grand Canyon, and have become tame enough there that they often approach tourists for food handouts that are readily given. The poor squirrel in the video had absolutely no reason to think it should fear the two men.



Thankfully YouTube removed the original video due to its upsetting content. The national park service has begun an investigation into the incident in hopes of identifying the men, but so far there seems to be little progress. Also, a petition is circulating on Change.org calling for the identification and prosecution of the men. And just today, a reward of $15,000 has been offered by PETA for anyone who identifies the sadistic killers.

It's always tempting in cases like this to call for the proverbial eye-for-an-eye, to say that the men in the video should themselves be kicked of the edge of the canyon. It is unfortunate that the maximum sentence that they might receive is six months in jail and a fine of $5,000. I hope that these loathsome jerks can be identified and given whatever penalty is available, and more importantly that they can feel the contempt of the whole world for their cruel, sadistic excuse for "fun".

5 comments:

  1. deben salvar a estos animalitos

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible!!! At the very least, I hope they go home and get chewed by a mob of angry squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morons!! I don't understand what fun they get from these acts. I'm also upset how some people freaks out seeing these cute animals on their roof. I've seen they try throwing stones on them to get rid of them; they fear that they will nest in their home. It's crazy!! I request them not to and instead I'll call-up environmental pest control, Haweye Mississauga (www.hawkeye.ca), and ask them to relocate them to a much safer space for them. I request all that if anyone comes across birds or small animals that face threat from humans, please call up such services and help them live their lives as we live ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless Dr.Ekpiku for his marvelous work in my life, my name is Joyce Benson from Denver, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2013 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Ekpiku how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS delivery company. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 11 days later i tested negative for HERPES, Dr.Ekpiku truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through email (ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com) or call him on +2348073673757 and you can also contact me to know more about him on my email Joycebenson731@gmail.com or text me +16506538578. DOCTOR Ekpiku CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:- 1. HIV/AIDS 2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4. ALS 5. Hepatitis B 6. Diabetes 7. Athrux, 8. hydrophobia 9.hpv 10 pregnancy spell and bring back your ex back 11 scabies 12. STD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Nora Vargas. I feel so joyful today because of the help Doctor Zakuza has rendered to me for getting my Husband back. I've been married for 6 years and it has been so terrible because my husband was cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce. But when i came across Doctor Zakuza website on the internet posted by a lady, i decided to get in touch with him and i explained my situation to him and then seek his help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my case for there is no problem without a solution. Here i am celebrating because my Husband is back home and am really enjoying my marriage and what a great celebration. I will keep on testifying on the internet because Doctor Zakuza is truly a helper who God has sent to help us all. Why not contact Doctor Zakuza now if you are facing any challenges in your relationship life. Website: http://doctorzakuzaspelltemple.myfreesites.net OR by Email: ( Doctorzakuzaspelltemple@yahoo.com ). Call me for more info +1 (516) 277-6702 USA..

    ReplyDelete