Friday, November 18, 2011

Squirrel Facts: The Cape Ground Squirrel

The Cape ground squirrel lives in arid regions of southern Africa, including the Kalahari desert. It is cinnamon-colored on top and gray below, with a white stripe running down each side of its body, and has a large, bushy tail. It eats mostly roots and bulbs dug from underground, and grasses, shrubs, and herbs. The Cape ground squirrel hardly ever drinks, getting most of its water from the plants that it feeds on.


The Cape ground squirrels live in separate male and female groups, which come together only during the mating season. The female groups consist of around three adult females and their juvenile offspring. The male groups are made up of up to nineteen adult males. Groups live in clusters of burrows with numerous entrances.

Cape ground squirrels use their bushy tails like umbrellas to shade them from the extreme desert heat. They also use the tails to confuse and frustrate predators such as snakes, as seen in this video about a group of ground squirrels fending off a Cape cobra. Don't worry, the squirrels are more than capable of dealing with the snake:




Just check out how bushy those squirrels' tails get when they are mobbing the cobra. I would like to hear Randall from the Honey Badger video narrate a video of these badass little squirrels!

5 comments:

  1. xxxSquirrel_lover 69xxxFebruary 22, 2017 at 7:01 AM

    bow to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I AM DOIND THIS ANIMAL FOR MY SCIENCE PROJECT

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless Dr.Ekpiku for his marvelous work in my life, my name is Joyce Benson from Denver, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2013 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Ekpiku how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS delivery company. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 11 days later i tested negative for HERPES, Dr.Ekpiku truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through email (ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com) or call him on +2348073673757 and you can also contact me to know more about him on my email Joycebenson731@gmail.com or text me +16506538578. DOCTOR Ekpiku CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:- 1. HIV/AIDS 2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4. ALS 5. Hepatitis B 6. Diabetes 7. Athrux, 8. hydrophobia 9.hpv 10 pregnancy spell and bring back your ex back 11 scabies 12. STD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henderson Elizabeth
    Dr joy is a trust worthy spell caster and he will be of great help to you. I never believed in spell casting but After 4 years of marriage my husband left me because I lost my womb, and i was unable to give birth to children. I felt like my life has come to an end, and i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time, but thanks to this spell caster called Dr joy whom i met online after my friend Becky Ross told me how he also helped her to bring back her husband in less than 2 days. I believed her and decided to give Dr joy a try and i contacted him on his email joylovespell@gmail.com. and explained my problems to him. He laughed and told me that In less than 2 days, my Husband will come back to me again, and that he will restore my womb and i will give birth to children. At first i thought it was a joke but i took courage and believed as Dr joy has said and it did happen just as this Great spell caster said, My husband called me and was crying, begging for forgiveness. I forgive him and today i am so glad that all worries and problems has gone away, and we are even happier than before, another good news is that i am pregnant now, and very soon we will have our baby. Dr joy is really a gifted and a powerful spiritual man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man. I advice you all If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems just Contact Dr joy on his email on joylovespell@gmail.com. because he will always help you to solve all problems. Once again thank you Dr joy. Thank you, thank you.



    ReplyDelete