Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Coming Attractions

I have taken a little time off from this blog to think about what direction I want to take it, and have come up with two new series that I will be introducing:

The first will be called "Squirrel Facts," and the title is pretty much self-explanatory. I will be blogging about interesting facts about squirrels (duh!).

The second will be called "Texans I Am Not Ashamed Of." As a Texan now transplanted in North Carolina, I am tired of being embarrassed by the ridiculous, reactionary stereotypes of Texans that keep appearing in the media and in government positions: Rick Perry, George W Bush, Sandy the Squirrel (who is offensive both to reasonable, intelligent Texans and to squirrels!)... you get the picture. So I will profile a series of progressive Texans who have worked to contribute to society in positive ways.

Look for both of these series to start  in the next day.

Sandy Cheeks: Offensive Stereotype
of Texans and Squirrels

No comments:

Post a Comment